Originally our agency was founded in 1915 by Mr. A.J. Goff. The original name used at that time was “The Insurance Agency of Robinson”. Many changes occurred through the years but all were related to insurance until owner Don Weber entered the real estate market.
In April of 1959, the agency expanded into the real estate business and was renamed “Weber Insurance & Realty.” Robert M. Berty joined the Agency in 1964 and shortly thereafter became a partner in the business. Mr. Berty was a 1959 graduate of Penn State University.
Over the ensuing years, the agency has been deeply involved in the overall community real estate development and progress. From 1969-1971, Weber Realty was the developer of the Robinwood Subdivision. Robinwood consists of 29 oversized lots and homes in an exclusive area within the city of Robinson. Also, beginning in 1969 the Laurel Acres and Persimmon Ridge Subdivisions were created. Again, Weber Realty was the exclusive developer of these homes on a total of 64 lots.
From 1979-1983, Weber Realty was the developer of Country Club Meadows Subdivision in Robinson. This is an upscale development consisting of 61 lots with all custom built homes in close proximity to Quail Creek Country Club.
The Agency moved to its present office location in 1967. Don Weber and Bob Berty formed the Corporation “Weber Insurance & Realty Brokers, Inc., in 1969. That corporate structure continues today. Don Weber died in 1997 and in January 2000 Jerry Devonshire and Thomas Connell became corporate principals after finalizing a purchase agreement with Bob Berty. Shortly thereafter, Jerry Devonshire purchased the ownership interest of Tom Connell and became the sole owner.
Today, the agency consists of 10 real estate professionals to serve you. Tyler Devonshire is the President and designated Broker. Kerry Lathrop is our Office Manager and Taylor Skidmore is our Real Estate Manager.